Mark Page

Mark Page was the guest speaker at the Alternative Camera Club this week, I like Mark.  I first met Mark the week before I started this blog because Mark was the person who convinced me it was a good idea.  I think I've mentioned before that I sometimes have difficulty with contemporary art, OK I understand that sometimes it's necessary to do something different but that doesn't mean it has to be shit does it?  And then what's worse is the pretentiousness in these circles, and this is why Mark appeals to me.  He isn't afraid to call something shit if it's shit.  He's a good old northern lad, has a reputable background in fine art and is a Man U fan to boot.

Mark has produced some fantastic street images of Salford, think of a modern day Shirley Baker with a skinhead and tattoos, as well as a number of other collections.  My favourites are "25 Potential Weapons descending in order of desperation", "Bull Terriers" & "Going to Town".  All these collections can be found on his website at: http://www.manchesterphotography.com/gallery.html

And then running along side that is his marvelous and quite famous blog http://www.manchesterphotography.blogspot.co.uk/, this is a must for photographic blog fans.



All images Copyright Mark Page

Comments

Popular Posts