Hartford Mill

24.08.12

I broke into Hartford Mill today to take a few photos for my Mill project.  The mill is in a pretty bad way and I believe that the only future for it is demolition so I was delighted to take a few snaps before it's brought down.

As I was descending the stairs I came across a group of about 5 boys.  Seeing me they became frightened and ran off which concerned me slightly.  The factory is in a bad way with some floors already collapsing and the last thing I wanted was for one of the boys to fall and have an accident.  Eventually I found the boys hiding and before I got too close I told them I wasn't any authority figure out to get them.  There relief was instant, "Fucking Hell I was shitting myself then", one said.  We chatted briefly and then went about our separate ways.

Jacko (who was with me) and I chatted about how we used to do the same things when we were kids and there was something nice about seeing kids running round a derelict building.

"Hartford Mill"




Comments

Popular Posts