Brief 2

So this weeks brief is to create a series of photographs within 100m of your house.  I took off to circle the area and it wasn't long before I found myself concentrating on sheds.  What does this have to do with contemporary landscapes?  Well, here in Rossendale, particularly on my street we're very strapped for space on the landscape,  the houses are cut into cliffs and aren't that big and therefore everyone has sheds on my street.  There are probably other reasons why they fit the brief but I'll let artistic license be reason why I don't yet mention it.

My neighbours are particularly industrious when it comes to sheds.  Michael next door has a shed complete with a double glazed bay window, it cost him £18 to build.  He then built one for another neighbour, that one cost £6.  The cheapest shed you can buy from B&Q at the moment is £134 and they are shit and small.  Tony, Michael's dad, has a world of sheds on multiple levels, I'd love to photograph inside them but unfortunately he wasn't too keen, maybe another day.  I did however spend a little time talking to Tony, hearing stories about pigs (not policemen!) from the farm above us falling down the hill and even smashing a shed to bits.

"Tony"

"Shed - Cost £18"

"Shed - Cost £6"

"Sheds - Cost Unknown"

Comments

Popular Posts