Walker Art Gallery

I went to Liverpool at the weekend for a wander.  First I went to the World museum which was probably a mistake really.  The BBC were there promoting a TV programme called "the Deadly 60" and consequently there were a load of kids there, once again I'll reiterate, they're a pain in the arse.

Luckily next door there was a more cultured environment where kids are in short supply, The Walker Art Gallery.  Its a lovely gallery with a wide variety of work.  They even have a Rembrandt painting and I fuckin love Rembrandt.  I was chatting to a friend of mine today who said that Rembrandt was a cheat because he used a pin-hole device to project images onto canvas and simply copy round them.  I don't know if this is true but I say "And???".

The finalists of the John Moores competition are currently being shown in the gallery.  If I see one more painting of vertical coloured lines, no matter how it was created, I'll poop into my own hands and throw it at the painting.


"Kerry looking at "The Funeral of Shelley" by Louis Edouard Fournier"

"Kerry looking at a Contemporary Installation"
"Arses at the Walker (The middle one is a Hockney!)"



Comments

Popular Posts