Cuts in the Arts Sector

It's not like me to get political at all, I'm a voyeur with a camera, I haven't even voted in the all the years I've been eligible to, however Danny Vice sent me this.  On the off chance that anyone else reads this thing I might encourage you to add your name to the petition if you have the time.

"We are all bracing ourselves for the cuts to the arts to be announced on October 20.  I think we have all reluctantly accepted that as every single sector is being cut from education to health, it is difficult to make a case for a complete exemption for us. However, we do feel it is vital we keep government informed as to our industry’s specific concerns and, importantly, ensure we remain part of the central debate.  To this end, we would like all of you to do everything you can to get the petition via Save the Arts signed by as many people as possible.

We need 100,000 signatures here http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/save-the-arts.html to get a debate in the House of Commons.  Currently this campaign has nearly 45,000 signatures so we need to all work hard to double this in a short time scale. Time is of the essence so do sign it now."


Here are some random examples from famous photographers of the role photography plays in art.


"Nobuyoshi Araki"

"Terry Richardson"

"Helmut Newton"

Comments

Popular Posts