The Lake District

17.08.10

It was Kerry's birthday this weekend. We stayed in Storrs Hall by the shores of Windermere, an Edwardian mansion that served canapes before dinner!  In the morning we hired a boat and sailed on the lake.  A man tried to explain how it worked and what the rules were but to be honest neither Kerry or myself could understand a single word he said.  Luckily nothing went wrong.

We made our way to Keswick via Kirkstone Pass.  I love the Lakes, the sounds of Charles Hastings Parry and Edward Elgar are often playing in my head as I'm driving through the hills, and it makes me proud to be British.  We stopped by Ullswater for a little walk, Jesus, Autumn is definitely here isn't it, but it was still lovely and warmish.



"Kirkstone Pass"

"Autumn in Ullswater"


"Bakers Van in Keswick"
(Coincidentally I was talking to Jade today (well in fact he was telling me off for calling him a "Special Needs Donkey" on Facebook) and he said he went to a comedy night the other week and the only joke he could remember was one about the comedian seeing a van in Wigan that said, "No Pies are left in this vehicle overnight"!)

Comments

  1. to be fair, if I was to turn into a robber thats the kind of van I would rob!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts