South Lakes

Whilst Kerry was being a Zookeeper for a day I drove around the South Lakes with no particular agenda and a camera.  I don't know what it is about the coastal lakeland towns but there is something deficient, something sensory that I can't put my finger on.  Barrow, Ulverston, Workington, Maryport and Whitehaven, they're all pretty much the same, whether it's the colour, the noise or the taste, I don't know.

I started off in Barrow, a first time visit for me, and then I took the coastal route to Ulverston.  I found a small area called Rampside and stumbled across an old lighthouse, something I think Lowry painted once but I can't be sure!  I had had enough of the coastal towns by now so took off into the hills towards Coniston and looped round to meet Kerry at the zoo.

"Woodland Scene near Coniston"

"The Needle, Rampside"

"Home of Stan Laurel, Ulverston"

Comments

Popular Posts