Proud Preston???

So in preparation of the alternative camera club next weekend I decided to roam around a number of Victorian Parks scattered around the region, I went to Avenham Park in Preston first.  Before I became a pure atheist I was nurtured as a roman catholic.  Every Easter Monday we would go to Avenham Park to roll eggs down the hills there, I believe it was to symbolise when Jesus rolled the rock that was blocking the cave he lay dead in before he ascended into heaven!!!  I was born in Preston and until today I remained proud about it.  However after todays visit I feel I have nothing to be proud about, from what I witnessed today the city is full of loutish scum, I felt ashamed to be a Prestonian.

The park is a natural amplitheatre and when louts are bellowing, "I'm going to suck your mum", answered by, "Go on then, she's just a fat ginger twat.  Go and lick some smegma", it doesn't make for a nice place.

There's a bridge in the park known as "Bummers Bridge", that makes me smile!

After there I visited Victoria Park in Helmshore and Whitaker Park in Rawtenstall, they put Avenham to shame.


Zooming into Flowers in Whitaker Park


Red Johnny on a Toilet Door in Avenham

Comments

Popular Posts