Darwin Aged 6

I took a few portraits of Darwin now that he is 6.

His big passion at the moment is Pokémon. For his birthday he said he wanted 82 Pokémon cards. Pokémon came about after my childhood so I don't have any idea what it's about or how much a Pokémon card costs. I later found out in Sainburys that a pack of 10 cards costs £4. That felt a little expensive considering you can purchase 1979 Panini Football cards for a pound a piece. Later that evening, like someone had been listening to my conversations on my phone, an advert appeared on Facebook from someone selling 200 cards, no price but they were open to offers. I offered £10 for the lot and shortly afterwards received an email full of laughing emoticons. I then did a search on eBay and found the same seller. She was asking £82 for one of the cards!!!!

As it happens I ended up getting a shed load for a couple of pounds and have been drip feeding them to him for months. I'm hoping he'll learn how to trade with them. I'm pretty sure he gives the majority away, he even loans them out which seems weird, but hay ho.

He still likes Minecraft and a bit of Star Wars here and there and he likes to wrestle with me still.




Comments

Popular Posts