A Local Page for Local People


I’m a member of a Facebook group that shares photos of the local area. Don’t get me wrong, I do like the page but there’s a lot of dross on there, and that’s partly why I like it.
In this big wide world I’m never going to be a notable photographer. Everyone takes photographs nowadays and I don’t spend anywhere near the required amount of time, or indeed have the required amount of talent to be a notable photographer in this big world. What a thing like this very local Cumbrian page does is allow me to stand out from the handful of other photographers and find my niche.
Lots of people take photos of sheep, and the weir for some reason! One fella takes photos of Killington Lake (mostly), another one of birds, one lass takes beautiful colour photos of local landscapes. I like to do street photography in the town.





Comments

Popular Posts