"I CAN HEAR YOU!!!!"

Darwin is getting quite into computer games, and he’s quite good on some. He likes to play as many different games as possible whereas I like to master a game, I’ve always been that way. We both currently like ‘Sonic Forces’. I think I can beat him 60% of the time but where we differ is he can be chatting away, essentially multi-tasking whilst playing, and it doesn’t affect his performance, I on the other hand need total concentration and silence during a game to be effective.

We have to limit his time on the games though. I’ve never suffered from game induced anger but I think Darwin does occasionally and subsequently gets banned from games. Fat Dan used to have his moments on the old X-Box whilst playing competitively online. He used to swear at little kids or his girlfriend if she proved to be an interruption to his game. One time we were racing on Project Gotham and mid race his girlfriend started knocking on his door. It was mid-winter and she had been out for the night. Myself and other people heard the knock, even people in the USA heard the knock, but Dan refused to answer the door. He lived in a small terrace where the door was in the same room he was playing the game. We all then heard a delicate voice through the letterbox “Dan?” which Dan ignored. “Dan?” the meek voice said again. “Dan?” said the voice once more. “I CAN HEAR YOU” Dan shouted as all the animals on the Serengeti began to run for cover. “Can you let me in please?”, “IN A MINUTE!!!”. A calm voice from the US offered to pause the game whilst Dan opened the door. “NO!” replied Dan sternly. “Dan? I’m really cold” pleaded the girlfriend. “IN A MINUTE YER STUPID BITCH!”. We all felt equally uncomfortable. They’re still together with a daughter so he must be doing something right. Maybe it’s his game skills?

Anyway, using computer games to blackmail him, I got Darwin to pose for a few photographs with the big camera this weekend. He's looking older isn't he?




Comments

Popular Posts