Leaving The Nest

I don’t like talking to other parents about their older kids. I know I’ll grow out of it and become accustomed to being that solitary lifeform prior to when Darwin came along but currently it hurts me hearing stories about kids who grow up, become independent, leave the nest and sometimes never come back. And I don’t help things either, I haven’t seen my dad in 17 years or so and I hope that that doesn’t happen to me and Darwin.

I love it that he is still dependent on us. Even though he has his angry moments he is so lovely most of the time. He still occasionally gets into bed with us and he looks absolutely angelic when he’s asleep. He dances and sings every now and then and looks so beautiful in his school uniform. I’m dreading the day he leaves home at this point.






Comments

Popular Posts