Guy Gibson's Dog

So I tried a bit of clay pigeon shooting again at the weekend, this time with work. My work has a social committee! In fact I haven’t spoken much about the work I do have I? I might start to.

We started the shoot with a ‘warm up’ shooting 10 cartridges. During this time I missed only one with the instructor saying ‘I can see you’ve shot before so I’ll make things a little harder’. He massaged my ego just the right amount. However when it came to the 20 cartridge competition I only hit 11 out of 20, I was secretly fuming with myself.

The non-competitive me enjoyed the social elements anyway so the shooting didn’t matter did it????

There was a jet black Labrador at the shoot, a lovely thing. When I showed 2 people the photographs afterwards I asked them, “What do you think that dog’s name was?”. Both of them said the ‘N’ word. Obviously I gasped in disgust. I don’t even know what the dog was called.

That ‘N’ word is a powerful word isn’t it?




Comments

Popular Posts