Keith. The Cat With The Magical Hat

Darwin and I read a brilliant book the other night. Sure we’ve read Dahl, and they’re excellent in a different way, but the other night we read ‘Keith. The Cat with the Magical Hat’.

Right from the very start I began to laugh. It starts with an ice cream landing on a cat’s head. There are no details to how this was caused so I can only presume it was done malevolently, that it to say someone intentionally threw an ice-cream, a 99 too, at a cat’s head. Who discards an ice cream by throwing it? And if it was an accident the ice cream would most of likely have simply landed on the floor near to its licker.

I tried to Google the scenario about the ice cream but there is no information regarding it. However, I did come across a news story about a man who had 2 99’s thrown at him. Here are some quotes from the story:

‘They hit me on the left side of my head and went all down my shoulder and back’

‘I could have been blinded if the cornet or flake had hit me in the eye.’

Luckily for him the ice creams didn’t do too much damage and landed next to his German shepherd dog, who is coincidentally called Ice. He added: ‘He (Ice) loves ice cream, but not when it’s thrown at him.’


That made me laugh too. Maybe I like thrown ice cream incidents?

You can read the horrifying story here: http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/26/ice-cream-man-flies-into-rage-and-throws-two-99-cones-at-customer-6880128/

Anyway, Keith, what an ace book. It’s written by Sue Hendra and I thoroughly recommend it.


"Rob Tracy and his Wife Tracy with 2No. 99's"

Comments

Popular Posts