World Book Day


We didn’t have World Book Day when I were a lad, we were lucky we had books.  And as I’ve stated before in posts, books don’t really do it for me.  I guess if they did have it in the olden days I could have come as Jesus in a raggedy old pair of underpants as there were always nonsense books jotted about my Catholic school with ridiculous stories about Noah, David & Goliath and the Nativity.

It was World Book Day at Darwin’s school the other week.  I’m not saying there’s snobbery on these days but do you think some parents send their kid to school as a character way beyond their years and ability, Polonius from Hamlet for example?  Jesus, come to think of it a bet that shit happens at the private school.

I wanted Darwin to go as Stephen Hawking but Kerry wouldn’t allow it.  Apparently I’ve got to be all ‘PC’ when it comes to Darwin and school relations.

We sent him as the lead character from ‘Memoirs of a Geisha’.







Not really!  We sent him as Marshall from Paw Patrol, now that’s more our level.

Comments

Popular Posts