Shooting People in Fleetwood

We took a trip to Grizedale again today to do a new Gruffalo Walk. In order to see the Gruffalo and all the characters you had to download an App to a smartphone and then at several stages there were interactive signs where you had to point your phone and an interactive animation would happen. Everyone obviously wanted to take photos of their kids by the interactions but the kids couldn’t see what was happening, consequently interest was lost and they would just meander away looking for more interesting things like sticks and leaves. And the time it takes for some people to take photos, Jesus!

Darwin has a tendency to not do anything he’s told at the moment and this scares me. He doesn’t always like to hold my hand any more so I allow him to sometimes walk by himself. The other day when we had been into Kendal we were walking back to the car with Darwin following. We were constantly checking on him when all of a sudden he disappeared. I knew he couldn’t have gone far as it was only 3 seconds since I checked on him last, but it panicked us both. For a laugh he had sneaked behind a pillar!

Last night I had a dream that Darwin had gone missing and was reportedly seen in Fleetwood. In my dream Fleetwood was a large Riviera type place with high hotel buildings and a rather rough council estate. (I haven’t been to Fleetwood for about 30 years so things might have changed, but I do remember thinking at the age of 10, ‘This is totally cr4p’!). Anyway I grabbed a gun, I had a choice of 2, either a 44 Magnum or a 22 Beretta and I opted for the latter due to magazine capacity and noise reduction, and I set off into the rough council estate. I shot a few people and found Darwin and tried to extract him from the estate. I had left my car on the road side which had obviously been vandalised beyond recognition and Darwin wanted a poo. We stopped for a poo under some stairs, I shot a few more people but I got him back relatively unscathed. I was slightly concerned how this would affect him mentally when he was older though.

As you can see, the going missing thing is a concern to me, AND I don’t have an arsenal of weapons to call on in real life!

At the foot of the ‘Welcome to Fleetwood’ sign there is a sub-sign which says ‘Where Breastfeeding is always Welcome’. And it should be welcome, however when it’s said like that it sounds a little ominous, like;


Welcome to Fleetwood…

We definitely won’t film you whilst having a poo.






Comments

Popular Posts