Resistance is Futile

Barbour Jacket – Check
Fancy Wellies – Check
Set of Farmers Shirts – Check
Flat Cap - Check

Ever since we’ve moved to Cumbria I’ve slowly assimilated into a farmer type. I don’t mind it either. Plus, I’m knocking on a bit now. I look at myself and think ‘Jesus!’ but when you’re dressed as a farmer it kind of suits. They’d be problems if I was on the catwalk but I ain’t.

We took a walk up to the old Sedbergh Railway Bridge with Grandad Pete. It’s amazing where the railway lines used to go in the early part of last century isn’t it? It appears that every little hamlet and village had some kind of station. Sedbergh railway station is now a fuel re-seller, like the one in Waterfoot as it happens! I went to buy some fuel for the fire the other week and I’ve never met anyone so knowledgeable about how wood or fuel burns. His knowledge was such that it made his eyebrows go proper mental (I think he didn’t have enough time to trim them because he was so busy swotting up on fuel n that). As he spoke I found myself mesmerised by his eyebrows and I was trying to envisage what he’ll look like when he’s 70. I must make a calendar note for another 30 years’ time to re-visit him because these eyebrows are going to be something to behold.



Comments

Popular Posts