Dog Lipstick

There are many things that you learn as a child that no longer stand the test of time aren’t there? I was once told that if a riot dog gets his ‘lipstick’ out in a tense situation then the dog handler has to take it away and relieve it. I can’t find any evidence for this and a chap who I know who used to work for the police says it isn’t true. I can’t remember who told me, it was probably a chap called Ronnie Barker (not THE Ronnie Barker) who was one of the funniest men I met in the army.

Ronnie really broke the mould, he was a lovely chap and cared for people. He was at Waterbeach when I was there. In stark contrast to Ronnie were 2 other Corporals, Dave Millard & Drew Chambers, I remember them well. What an absolute pair of dicks. They were always together, I imagine they often had violent bum sex together and felt an immense amount of guilt about, and consequently vented their frustrations on me whilst hiding behind their ranks. I know it’s only healthy to let negative feelings like this go, but honestly, what a pair of b4stards.

Any road, if you count the last day of February as being the last day of Winter, which I like to do, we’re now in Spring! Here are some images from my last journey to work of this Winter.

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts