Pig Organs, Mock Corpses and Clowns

I’ve been so busy recently I haven’t had any time at all to update my blog. I’ve posted over a 1000 posts now and it would only be natural for anyone to think that I must be getting a tadge bit bored of posting such drivel and nonsense over a 7 year period. (Spookily, I’ve just checked what date it was when I made my first post and it’s exactly 7 years ago today!). I’m not bored anyway.

Any road, to add a little more spookiness, like my first post I’m going to catch up on the last 6 weeks.

Halloween! The week before the spooky day Kerry, Darwin and I went to Acorn Bank again and went on the spooky trail. There must be something about this place because at exactly the same time and place Darwin went into ‘melt down’ and I had to take him away to have ‘time out’.

It’s funny how we deal with things in this day and age isn’t it? ‘Time out’ hadn’t been invented when I was a kid, if you misbehaved you got a ‘crack’ (not a bum crack, thank God!) and that was whether it was in private or public. When I was in the Army if someone ever refused to do something (which was never the case!) you would get physically attacked and deposited in jail. I’ve been told I’m not allowed to do that in civilian employment, not in my position anyway. And I’m not advocating the old way of doing things but things definitely got sorted quicker.

The week after, on the Halloween weekend, Kerry had booked tickets for us and our guests (5 kids and 7 adults) who were staying with us to go to a Halloween party in town. As the kids were getting dressed up for the party Kerry had a look at the tickets and discovered the party actually occurred the night before. “You’ll have to do something in the barn for the kids” she said.

I thought about it for a while and wished I could have had a lot more time to prepare. I’m pretty sure I could have made children poo with fear given the preparation time. I set up a speaker and hid in the corner of the barn, lights off naturally. I had tied a bit of string to Darwin’s tricycle and was going to make it appear to move by itself. I had also downloaded an app on the phone with spooky noises and connected to the speaker.

The children entered with torches guided by Kerry and Fern. Shortly afterwards I played the first spooky noise, a squawking crow. The children screamed. Several seconds past and I pulled the string. The bike appeared to move across the floor guided by some spooky force. This was too much for Declan, he screamed and pleaded to leave the barn and persistently cried. I then played the next spooky sound, a screeching cat. More screams and cries and I began to wonder if I’d taken things too far. So I played my last sound entitled “Exorcist Gates to Hells”. I did fear that this was going to become the least fun Halloween the kids had ever had so I revealed myself. Darwin was physically shaking but everyone agreed that they had had fun, except Declan! God know what’s going to happen next year when I introduce pig organs, mock corpses and clowns!

"Melt Down at Acorn Bank"

"Dwaff Skeleton"




Comments

Popular Posts