Crows That Rip Pants Off

30th October 2016

We took a walk up to Cautley Spout today, England’s highest cascade waterfall above ground. It’s not quite Angel Falls but it’s nice enough. We do truly live in a beautiful area. I wonder what Darwin will make of it when he’s older? I wonder if he’ll be desperate to leave to seek to excitement and bright lights of the big city?

Whenever we’re out he often asks to ride on my shoulders and nowadays I like to decline his requests. He isn’t 7lb 2oz any more, he feels more like 7 stone 2 lb. So occasionally he stops and refuses to move. In the distance we could hear crows squawking, so in order to motivate him to keep moving I told him these crows like to rip the trousers off small boys, and he kind of believed it. It also helped that I still had the Halloween app on my phone complete with Crow Squawks.

We sat at the waterfall for a short time and then made our descent. Truly what a beautiful area.
 
 
"Upside Down Darwin Looking Like an Old Me"

"Autumnal Cautley Spout"

"The River Rothay"


"Running Away From The Crows"

Comments

Popular Posts