Sedbergh Fireworks

7th November 2016

We went into town to witness the fireworks on Saturday. There was a good atmosphere and Darwin particularly liked rolling down the small hill at the side of the football pitch, in fact I’m pretty sure it was the highlight of his night. The fireworks started at 19:00hrs for 5 minutes and then the display was repeated again at 19:30hrs. It was alright I suppose and my review might have been a little more positive had it not been for the display I witnessed on the following Monday night.

Sedbergh school put on a fireworks display on the Monday night and invited residents to watch if they so wished. It was spectacular. It started at 19:00hrs and ran non-stop until 19:30hrs. And there weren’t any pussy fireworks either. It reminded me of the assault on Goose Green during the Falklands, not that I was there!

Darwin actually grew tired of the noise and spectacle, I however did not!
 



 

Comments

Popular Posts