To Hawes and to Eden

We had a little drive out today taking the road into Yorkshire. I was surprised to find how close we were to Hawes.

We drove down valleys reminiscent of war time England, sidled by hedgerows and dry stone walls and the occasional farm. The main thing that wasn’t war time reminiscent were the antics of the on-coming twattish drivers, both car and motorcycle. I think there’s an understanding issue here where drivers don’t truly understand the function of the central line on the roads.

The other night whilst crossing the single track lane over the bridge into town a car approached me speedily, and despite me already being on the bridge he insisted on driving right up to my front bumper, meeting in the middle of the bridge. Being the kind gentleman I am I kindly reversed to let him pass. Instead of my usual ‘small 1 hand attached to the steering wheel’ wave I usually do I gave him a passionate 2 fingered salute. And despite being consciously aware that we live in a very small town and the driver may have been the local doctor, Darwin’s teacher or even our neighbour, I genuinely meant the gesture and I would quite happily stick them up his arse to prove my point.

Any road, the scenery was magnificent and I feel very lucky to be living in such a beautiful place.



"Looking towards Eden"






Comments

Popular Posts