The Smelly South

I have a step sister who lives in the Lake District and shortly after she moved there she declared that she didn’t like going down south any more. I used to think there was something a little ‘Royston Vasey’ about that but now I can completely empathise with her. It all feels very ‘Urban’ and over populated, noisy and smelly.

We ventured down south over the weekend to spend time with Pete & the Baddeleys, and that was nice. We had our usual trip into Costco, I don’t know how it saves me money because I’m pretty sure that I’ve never spent less than £300 on any visit. Still, Croissant are only £3!

We sat around mostly outside drinking coffee and having banter. The swear count is a lot higher with the Baddeley’s! Darwin called me a ‘Bugger’ the other day! In the Army you knew something wasn’t right when people weren’t taking the piss out of each other, I think it’s very much like that with the Baddeley’s. There isn’t 1 ounce of malice to it, it’s just as it is.

Darwin played with Shnai in the garden, Brooklyn came round, Fern and Chris were there, as was Bev and Carlo. It felt like the last day of summer.
 


 



Comments

Popular Posts