Stuck Behind an Aston

I quite like the Aston Martin and if money was no object, let’s say a multi-million pound win on the lottery or something, I think I might have one. One thing I wouldn’t do though is take the Aston on the very narrow roads up to Wastwater over Wrynose and Hard Knott Pass.

Guess what I was stuck behind on the way up to Wastwater the other day? To make it worse the occupants were a Japanese couple who were obviously here for the first time. Their inexperience of this road together with their very wide car and annoying habit of stopping every now and then to take photos initially drove me mad, but then it became quite sweet and laughable with every on-coming driver smiling and shaking their head horizontally.

It was the first time in 8 years since Kerry and I had made this trip and we stopped at the Roman fort to recreate the photos I took when we were much younger. Bunster was in her mid-twenties back then!

I’m not really too bothered about this, for all I care you can throw me in a bin, but if I do die whilst the people who care for me can still bare to make the journey to Wastwater, I quite like the idea of my ashes being scattered on the southern shores of the lake.

"A Swimmer in Wastwater"



"Aug 2008"

"Aug 2008"


 

Comments

Popular Posts