Bum in the Woods

Many things happened 30 years ago. I left school, I left home, I joined the army and 30 years ago was the last time I went to Tarn Hows. I’m only mentioning that because we went there the other weekend.

I don’t remember it too well, I do remember taking Emma on to the tarn in an inflatable dinghy and she being petrified and in tears. I don’t remember the scenery or recall the fresh natural smells, or the noise of the wind blowing through the trees, which was the most pleasurable moments this time.  I'm old aren't I?  Mind you, I didn’t have an inflatable dinghy with me this time, maybe things would have been different!

Wordsworth said, “A poet could not but be gay”. No wonder with views like this. And who would blame him for having a bum in the woods on a day like today?








Comments

Popular Posts