Badger

I’ve only ever seen one Badger alive and well in the wild but last week one appeared in the field behind us. It was mooching about for worms I think.

The next day it returned so this time I walked up to it to see how close I could get. I got the usual warnings off Kerry and her Dad but I decided to take the risk. 

Do Badgers attacks? I used to work with a guy who said he encountered a Badger once and it reared up onto its hind legs and roared at him. He said when it was stood upright it was over 6ft tall. And this is what formulated my belief that Badgers must be a passive animal because he was a Mr. B*llshit 100% of the time.

I got within about 8ft of the Badger before it noticed me and I felt really privileged.

On a slightly related note. In the olden days I used to work at a company that employed typists, 2 typists to be exact. One of the typists had had enough of working for the company and consequently was looking and applying vigorously for other jobs. I walked past her computer one day whilst she was elsewhere and her open CV was on her screen. I quickly went to the foot of the CV and in the ‘Hobbies and Interests’ section added 2 words. Her CV now read:

Hobbies and Interests

Reading, Going to the cinema, Badger Baiting



She was asked about it in an interview. She didn’t get the job.

"Our Badger"


Comments

Popular Posts