Arse Blaster

One of the many things I love about Cumbria in the summer is the amount of Country Fairs and activities that occur every weekend. It feels very English, and I’m using that in the old fashioned sense when being ‘very English’ was a thing to be proud of. (I sound like an old man don’t I?).

Any road, we went to Skelton Country Fair. Rabbits, cockerels & shiny chickens were all on display for a competition and rosettes were handed out to the finest looking animals. The same occurred for the fancy sheep and cows. Large tractors and other agricultural stuff were on show and local products were being sold. And there was entertainment in the form of a Wheel of Death, Terrier Racing and a fantastic Brass Band. I do love a brass band.

I was chatting to a chap selling a variety of sausages. One of the variety was named ‘Arse Blaster’ and he said that they hadn’t really sold too well today. That surprised me, because I would imagine all these women in jodhpurs and tweed jackets, summer frocks and lace, going mental for an ‘Arse Blaster’ sausage.

On the way back we stopped at Castlerigg Circle.



"Arse Blaster"

"Pig"


"Castlerigg"

Comments

Popular Posts