Equilux

Yeah, that’s right, do one winter, yer mother! On Thursday there will be more daylight than there is night and I like that. I’m still wearing my big coat at times but for the first time this year I went to work in my tweed.

The crocus are out with a vengeance as are some daffodils and I know I chirp on every year about this boll*cks but it’s such a magical time of the year.

We went to the park the other weekend to let Darwin stretch his legs. He can now climb up the rope climbing frame by himself!

I used to think that Rossendale was a quite a lovely place but I’m wrong. It’s tired. The levels of dog shit and litter are mental. And it’s not the dogs fault is it? Maybe the people are too tired to care as well. The tree at the bottom of our hill is often bearing the fruit of dog shit bags. The dog owners are making the effort to bag their canines waste but instead of binning the offending items they choose to discard the bags into the tree over hanging the river.

I stopped by the river the other day and watched the murky water going by. There was a basketball shirt, ceramic sink, a stereo-typical shopping trolley, endless amounts of bottles and other rubbish and a duck was chewing on a plastic bag. Where I work I would happily sip water from the river that runs past the factory.

I hope we are able to move soon, at this rate it feels like it’ll be another year or so.

 
 


 

Comments

Popular Posts