Nice Coppers

There's one day every year in Spring where I think the temperature outside must be such that I don't have to wear my big coat.  So I put on my flimsy summer jacket and nearly get hypothermia.  That day occurred last weekend.  This weekend it would have been madness to wear my big coat.

We went to Towneley Park again where upon arrival a Policeman scanned Kerry's car.  He went back to his car and then came to talk to us.  "Would you like a screw set for your registration plates sir?  We've had a number of incidents where thieves have stolen registration plates in order to steal fuel from service stations, and these screws will prevent the removal of the plate.".  Skeptically I asked if he wanted money for them and he said they were free.  This made me feel good about the world.

We wandered about the park and visited the shit ducks again.  I can only imagine that something terrible has happened to these birds, they just sit in the middle of the pond looking miserable and they will not be tempted by bread.  Bread is thrown into the pond and they just gaze at it with very little interest at all.  When you're about 10m away from the waters edge a big fight kicks off amongst the ducks and the winners, or the ducks that don't fight (I think these are called 'Chickens'!) eat the bread.

Then we went for a walk around the house again.  The gallery in there is such a wonderful little space with some fantastic and surprising paintings.

The daffodils were out in full glory and the park was rammed with Spring lovers.

"Piggy Preparing for a Sunny Day"

"Bunster and the Pig"

"The Towneley Chandelier"

Comments

Popular Posts