Works Do

A group of us from work went out to a comedy club on Friday.  I've worked at this company for a third of my life now and soon we will all be parting ways, I’ll probably write a bit more in future months.  Consequently there was a sweet feeling of comradery, even among people I have rarely spoken to in my time here.  Drink may have been an enhancer to this feeling.

Alcohol was consumed in copious amounts, men began dancing erotically with each other to the point where it became uncomfortable, I thought one married couple was going to take a single man home for ‘special fun’ (is it called consensual cuckolding?), and at one point there were nearly tears. 

We had a loud woman in the group who thought she could out talk the comedians.  Ever since I saw Mark Lamarr do Stand Up in 2000 I've known that shouting out to a comedian is something you should give a miss.  As he walked onto stage a chap at the front shouted “1950’s throw back”, a phrase coined by Vic Reeves on Shooting Stars.  This triggered a massive clever and funny barrage of abuse from the comedian which ultimately led to the heckler walking out of the venue much to the amusement of the crowd.  If that heckler was that Buddhist fella that famously set himself on fire in the streets, it wouldn't be any surprise to me whatsoever after the verbal beating he took.  Our loud lady got off relatively unscathed.


Tom Stade was the head lining act of the night and very good he was too, and we all had a lovely time.





Comments

Popular Posts