The Whitworth and More Jews

The Whitworth re-opened this weekend and what a grand sight it was too. I like the Whitworth, not necessarily because of the work exhibited there but because what it has done for me personally over the years, in fact I think I've benefited more out of the Whitworth than any other museum in the world. And I don’t dismiss their collection; they have works by Lucian Freud, Bacon (which coincidentally is a portrait of Lucian Freud!), Hockney, Lowry (natch!), Gauguin, Gogh & Picasso. And now the new work to the building has virtually doubled the capacity of the place and it does look quite lovely indeed. I do think it is worthy of exhibitions of more splendour now though.

We had a quick trip around the park and then made our way back home through the Jewish quarter.




Comments

Popular Posts