Rode an Ostrich with Nanny

We went to Tatton Park again this weekend, but this time we met up with Nanny Bev, Leah & Shnai.  I took the GoPro again.  Part of me feels like I’m being a traitor to photography but I still took a few photographs.  It’s funny this whole photography thing, I kind of think that I’ll grow out of the GoPro and photography will remain because what you see in one photograph, and that one photograph is usually about 1/125th of a second, can sometimes be worth 10 minutes of movie footage.

The kids went on the vintage merry-go-round, Leah and Shnai rode horses and Nanny & Piggy shared an ostrich.  Out of curiosity I checked whether people actually rode real life ostriches and of course they do!  It’s big in South Africa.  Other animals that people ride are Water Buffalo, Llamas, Giant Tortoises and Ponies painted like Zebras.  There’s something wrong with the world isn’t there?  I myself have ridden an Elephant, a Horse, a Donkey and a Camel.  I’ll make a pledge now, unless I’m in a life or death scenario, or the animal can actually speak (and isn’t mental!) and it asks me to ride it, I will never ride another animal.  Any road, the animals on the merry-go-round weren’t real.

This time we sneaked Darwins little bike past the duty Nazi only to find that it’s a bit rubbish to ride around the garden area anyway!  Maybe the Nazi (I should stop calling her the Nazi now!) knew this and that’s why she wanted to confiscate it, to save us the hassle of carrying it all over the place.

We rounded the day off with an extended playtime on the swings and ting.  Leah mothered Darwin the majority of the time taking him on the slides and swings whilst Kerry and I took him on the Death Slide, although that name is less favoured nowadays to the zip line.







Comments

Popular Posts