The Bunster is 30

The Bunster was 30 this week.  We had a number of things planned but I also got her an iPhone 5S.  I was aware that I had left the procurement of the phone a little late but this time I wasn't too concerned.  Surely after more than a month after its release stocks will be plenty won't they?  I quickly found out that they weren't, unless I was prepared to spend more than £300 extra from a private seller, of which there were plenty.

The Apple staff told me the only way to get one was to come down to the Apple store an hour before it opens and queue with all the other folk.  Ffs, I'd been here before!

But so I did.  Thankfully there wasn't as many people as last time, even though there were plenty, and I was asked what type of phone I wanted and how many.  All the gold ones were gone, later a man told me, "that's because there are so many Chinese people in the queue and they fuckin love anything that is Gold or Red", so I opted for a graphite one.  The Chinese people were however grossly outnumbered by Asian elders and I noticed that most of them were buying 3 or 4 phones at a time.  Whilst waiting they were also having very passionate debates about what type of phones they were getting, the 64Gb graphite one seemed to be a popular choice.  I had never witnessed old folk getting so passionate about new technology.

The doors opened and we were let in the store.  I was relatively near the front and had got talking to an Italian man from Florence.  As we were talking and slowly making our way further into the store I kept being over took by Asian elders who were pushing their way to the front of the queue.  I was quickly becoming impatient but before I could say anything the patience of the man behind me broke first:

Man:  Where the fuck do you think you're going sunshine?
Elder:  My brother is down there.
Man:  I don't care where yer fuckin brother is, get to the back of the queue.
Elder: But...
Man:  Some of us have got fuckin work to get to, we can't all be sat about all day pissin about selling iPhones.

"O, right!  The private sellers!", I thought, clever little bastards!

"Bunster n Chuchy"

"The Asian Elders"



Comments

Popular Posts