The Temperance Bar & the Pizza Place

Kerrys dad offered to look after Darwin tonight whilst Kerry and I had our first time together since his birth.  We were talking about going to a restaurant but Kerry much preferred to cruise around in the car simply going down roads we haven't been down before.  Sounds a bit mental when I put it like that but I guess the cruising was kind of irrelevant, the time together without the boy was the important thing.

Time away from Darwin is very hard for Kerry.  I have to leave Darwin on most days to go out and make money for us to live, she's been with him virtually every moment of his life.

So, we didn't stray too far and for the first time ever we went for a drink in the Temperance Bar (aparently Englands last remaining original Temperance Bar).  I had a Dandelion and Burdock, a large one (to which the landlord asked if I was on a "Blow Out" session!), and Kerry had a chocolate milk shake.  A dark part of me wanted a fight to break out and a chair to get thrown through a window by a non-alcoholic being sick, but it didn't happen.  Afterwards I had to shake all the "temperance" out of me and purchase a bottle of Whisky.

We cruised to Blackburn via a road unknown to us and then ended the night purchasing a pizza to take back to her dad.  We were back by 21:00hrs.


"Temperance Bar Regulars"

"Temperance Bar Regular"

"The Pizza Maker Man"

Comments

Popular Posts