Frogtape

The other year when we painted the bathroom Kerry chose a green bathroom paint and then decided it was too dark.  She used ordinary white paint to lighten it.  Does this reduce it's effectiveness of being a bathroom paint?  I think so, and anyway, a year or so later it's beginning to flake off.  So this weekend I peeled a piece of the flaky paint off and went to B&Q to get some matching bathroom paint.

The girl at the colour matching area was busy with a couple.  As she put their paint on the vibrating thingy she turned to me and said, "Can I help you love?".

"How small of a colour sample do you need to get an accurate reading on your spectrophotometer?", I asked.  I was secretly pleased that I knew what the colour measuring machine was called, but she didn't understand what I was talking about.  "Your colour measuring machine", I had to say.  I gave her the flaked paint and she went away to see if she could measure it.

As she was measuring I spotted some tape on the counter.  It was a new masking tape far superior to normal masking tape it claimed, and it was called "Frogtape".  When she returned I thought I would have a little joke with her.  She returned and said she had measured the colour successfully and would be with me shortly.  With a serious face I held up the Frogtape and said, "Is this stuff good for toads as well?".

At first she looked puzzled and then said, "I think so, hold on a minute I'll just ask", and then before I could say anything she used her radio to call someone and then returned to deal with the couple.  When she spotted a woman coming towards us she picked up the Frogtape and shouted, "Is this stuff good on tools?". The other woman replied, "Hold on I'll get somebody", and the girl once again turned to serve the couple.

A couple of minutes went by as I tried to think of a legitimate question to ask, and I wasn't going to ask, "Is this tape good on tools?", what kind of a stupid question is that anyway?  Nothing came to me and I began to giggle so much that tears came to my eyes.

A large man appeared with the woman as the girl assistant finished serving the couple.  I had an audience of 3 people.  I picked up the Frogtape and said once again, "Is this stuff good for toads as well?".  My audience fell silent and looked confused, "you know, if I wanted to tape one up and torture it or summat?", I continued.  The man walked away without saying any thing, the woman giggled slightly and the girl still looked puzzled.

With tears in my eyes I thought, "I'm nearly 43!!!".

"Frogtape - Still don't know if you can use it on toads"

Comments

  1. I laughed until tears came to my eyes too.

    Their website has FAQs...
    http://www.frogtape.co.uk/FAQ.aspx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts