Road Trip

25.09.12

Hawko and I were on a road trip today that required us to spend a night in Glasgow.  Hawko turned into Mr T as soon as he set off driving, it was the first time he had driven a big van.  I think he clipped every corner that we went round and I'm sure he killed an old woman in Glasgow city centre.  We were listening to rap music too!

After a romantic Italian meal we had a tiny mooch about and walked by the Duke of Wellington statue.  I love this statue.  Since the mid 1980's the residents of Glasgow have taken to placing a traffic cone on it's head.  I've been to Glasgow a few times and I have never seen the statue without a cone.

We landed in the Scotia Bar and listened to some unexpected lovely music.  After several whiskys Hawko got one more for the road.  He was told very sharply after asking 2 Scotsmen, "What's your favourite whisky?", "NOT ALL SCOTS DRINK WHISKY PAL!".  However, I did notice that a lot of Scottish people DO drink Irn Bru!

At 1 in the morning we were talking to Raj Baj whilst waiting for our Kebabs to be made, looking at all the celebrities he had been photographed with.  He had been photographed with Michael Jackson, Keanu Reeves, Billy Connolly (Natch!) and Wolf from Gladiators.

"Road Trip + Mongy Face #2"

"Panoramic Bus"

"Wellington Statue c/w Cone"


Comments

Popular Posts