Sneaky Shoes for Ninjas

The other month I felt the need to buy a new pair of shoes. I buy footwear all the time but I mean the flagship of shoes, the office work shoe. My previous pair was a very stylish Jimmy Bee black zip up boot, lovely and shiny (Natch!) that made a loud clop (is that a word?) on solid floors. They had an air of authority about them, people knew you were coming. It would be no surprise to me if people stood to attention and saluted as I walked by, and I in turn wouldn't think twice about accepting the salute and instruct them to "carry on". In fact one old boy, a colleague at work, used to do this, I fucking loved it! He used to do it to everyone but they didn't have the proper authoritative shoes to accept the salute, return it and instruct him to "carry on".

On their demise (after 10 years!!!!) I tried to find the exact pair but couldn't, so I opted for an Italian pair bought from a reputable shop in the Trafford Centre. There weren't cheap, £120 I think, but much to my anger, after 3 months they were shot! I was furious!

And now what have reverted to? For the first time in 35 years I've gone back to a Clarks shoe and I'm not feeling too comfortable about it. Sure they were very reasonably priced and they're pretty comfortable to wear but I feel like I've nicked my Granddads shoes. And worse than that, they're silent! They feel sneaky! Ninja's would love them, but to be honest I'm not a fan of the Ninja. They turn up unexpected, cause trouble and then disappear without saying goodbye. Even the IRA used to give people warnings (mostly) before they blew shit up.

How I long for my Jimmy Bee shoes!

"Sneaky Ninja Shoes"

Comments

Popular Posts