Hadrians Wall

Rather than trying to find another lowland distillery (of which there are few close to the English border) we had a day of culture roaming Hadrians Wall. There is a bit of speculation why the wall was actually built, was it to keep the barbarians out, was it simply a show of Roman power, who knows? And I don’t know if it’s slightly racist or not, but whilst roaming the wall I was wondering how much it would hurt to be hit on the head by a full can of Tennants Extra. I quickly realised that a barbarian would never have thrown a full can of strong lager at anyone, he would have drunk it first wouldn’t he?

"DSon Jumping off the Wall"

"Hadrians Wall"

"DSon & Ricky"
We also visited Carlisle castle. I noticed Ricky was particularly fastidious about the castle making sure he explored every corner of it, so I used this to entertain myself. Exploiting his deafness (I know, I am aware that it's wrong!) I crept ahead and snook into various hidden areas. I set the camera ready c/w flash and when he peered into the hidden areas I would scream loudly (he's deaf, it had to be loud!) and take a photo. I'm pretty sure I could have spent the day doing that.

"Ricky in Carlisle Castle"



Comments

Popular Posts