The Window Cleaner

When Bunster is away I go to pot a little bit.  I stay up ridiculously late watching utter shit on TV, I don't brush my teeth before I go to bed and I don't cook.  It was my birthday this week whilst she was away.  I got up at 12:30 and the only thing I ate all day was a tin of tuna, straight from the tin!  If I'm feeling hungrier than that I go the the local Indian takeaway.

Whilst I was in the takeaway the Window Cleaner was doing his thing.  He was an older chap who worked slowly occasionally stopping to discuss the benefits of the Olympics (apparently the country is going to profit to the excess of £2Bn).  When I was a lad there used to be windows cleaners all over the place, riding around on bikes with their heads poking through the heavy wooden ladders, I don't think it would be allowed nowadays.

There used to be a window cleaner on our road called Fred.  He was also a keen gardener and whenever a football landed in his garden he would pop it instantly with a garden fork.  He's probably dead now.



Comments

Popular Posts