The Audi

Kerry got a new Audi A3 the other month and they have a Gollom and the Ring kind of relationship.  It has only been recently where she has let me make eye contact with it, and the other week she let me drive it.  As it happened Winter had also decided to come this week and the hill was covered in snow.

"Do you reckon we'll get down the hill safely?", she asked.  "Don't be so soft and don't give in like other people do when they see a sprinkling of snow, of course we'll get down OK", I replied.  "I'll let you drive then", she concluded.

I can be quite a confident chap sometimes and I hoped this wouldn't be a time when my over-confidence bit my ass.  I banged the car into first gear and began to descend the hill slowly.  My plan was not to touch the accelerator at all, and definately not the brake.  Shortly after beginning the descent the car began to strafe right.  "No worries" I thought to myself, "I'll just apply a small bit of acceleration to correct my position".  Then the car strafed left.  I applied the same logic.  Towards the bottom of the hill I was doing about 40 mph and inside I was screaming, Kerry WAS screaming.  Luckily all ended well.  Kerry was shaking all the way to her dads.

"The snow covered descent"

Comments

Popular Posts