Andrew Bush

At this time of the year my photography time is limited so a couple of weeks ago I thought I'd make the effort to utilise my trips to work by taking photos of fellow drivers.  I set up my camera on the tripod inside the car with the lens pointing out of the passenger window, attached a remote switch and would slow down as I took over drivers and take their photo.

I was talking to Mishka Henner about this who replied, "Have you seen the work by Andrew Bush"?  It's very rare for any idea in photography not to have been done before, and this was a fine example of that statement.

Between 1989 & 1997 Andrew Bush took a series of images of people driving in their car.  He also detailed the direction, speed and time of the drivers to add them as captions to the image.  Whilst I was doing it I was almost certain that I'd be given a fine for driving dangerously, and I wasn't taking notes or anything.

You can see more of Andrews Bush's work here: http://andrewbush.net/vectors%202-10-08/index.htm


"Woman waiting to proceed south at Sunset and Highland boulevards, Los Angeles, at approximately 11:59 a.m. one day in February 1997"



"Man heading south at 73 mph on Interstate 5 near Buttonwillow Drive outside of Bakersfield, California, at 5:36 p.m. on a Tuesday in March 1992"




"Man drifting northwest at approximately 68 mph on U.S. Route 101 somewhere near Camarillo, California, one evening in 1989"

Comments

Popular Posts