Girls Night In

So the whole point of this weekend was to come down to Shepherds Bush to see Rodrigo y Grabriela, a gift that Kerry had got me for my birthday.  With it being close to Christmas we weren't going mad so Kerry had organised us to stay with extended family in Surrey for the first 2 nights.  On the Saturday night the girls in the family decided to have a night in at Migs's house and I was invited.

It went as expected, tales of family secrets, betrayals, a bit of bawdiness and eventually tears, all brought on with the excessive use of alcohol.  Everyone had had a lovely night and a taxi was ordered to take me and Kerry home.

As I slept I was rudely awoken by a very drunk young mother carrying her 2 year old child, "What the fuck??? O sorry I didn't know you were in here, it's all kicking off out there", she said very slurred, and then she disappeared.  Half an hour later the bedroom door was opened by Policemen and Paramedics looking for a baby and then the house was filled with drunken shouts.  Coincidentally the child's young uncle returned from a night of drinking and insisted on playing an alpha role, "What the fuck are you old bill doing in my house, get the fuck out now!".  A friend of the uncle grabbed a knife from the kitchen and was threatening to stab a policemen. The child's grandmother was also in the house and all 3 immediate family members were in a state unable to look after themselves, never mind a young child.  It appears that someone concerned about the young child in the arms of a verbally abusive drunk mother called the police and they were here to see if the child needed to be taken into care.  Had it not been for the presence of the slightly drunk but sensible Kerry the child would have been taken away.

Early in the morning Kerry and I were awoken by the cries of the child wanting her mother.  Kerry attended to the child.  As Kerry was having a quick bath before our eagerly awaited exit, the mother still in a confused state entered the bedroom once again.  Her face and hair were covered in vomit and she was holding crisp and a bottle of drink for the child. "O sorry", she said, "I forgot".

"Gosh, that was a bit of a crazy night!", seemed to be the attitude afterwards.

Sometimes I feel like I have lived a very sheltered life.



Comments

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Those picture frames are beautiful!. Thanks for sharing hen night memories. I really liked your blog. Sounds like a great evening. Go straight to know more about girls night out ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Fuckin spammers ey? I imagine that if I had titled the entry the same yet reported 4 women had been raped and murdered and then burn't I would have probably got the same comment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts