Stephanie

29.05.10

Stephanie is only 16, someone has suggested that she should do some modelling work. Before she got to the house I thought I'd have a little look on youtube to get inspiration for lighting and poses. There was a video explaining all about posing models and the guy was a strong believer in the "hands on" approach to posing a model! Jesus Christ! As expected about a million people had commented below the video encouraging people not to adopt this technique.

Courtney Hickman, a girl who works with Kerry, often comes to work with hair the size of a buffalo. I suggested she should come down on a shoot and put her skills into action, and so she did. Unfortunately Stephanie has a short bob so to maximise her talents Kerry agreed to be a big hair model. My main aim for Stephanie was to possibly recreate some 1930's Cecil Beaton inspired shots as well as some 1960's influenced stills. I borrowed Duffys (who unfortunately died this week!) subtle technique of getting the model to say "Thursday" and also to make that noise people do when they get a finger poked up their arse! (The latter is not Duffys technique!)


"Stephanie"




"Thursday"
Kerry kept the big hair for a bit. It made her look and act quite different. I took this image using the widest aperture I could and the light from her iphone.



"Kerry by IPhone light"

Comments

Popular Posts