Covid-19

Life has changed somewhat over the past few weeks. Because I don't get a vast amount of time to write my blog I'm always behind a little and as I type I think we're 11 weeks into lockdown. I think this situation will be remembered in history and on a modern scale appears to be akin to Spanish Flu. At the time of writing the current worldwide death toll is estimated at 5.8M, nothing compared to the possible 100M caused by Spanish Flu but given the times we're living in 5.8M is still quite high.

The first signs that shit was getting real in this country were that toilet rolls, flour and hand gel were impossible to get hold of and the government were thinking of paying for lots of the country to be off work.

There are all kinds of theories debating where the infection originated from with the most believable being from the wet markets in China, where the purchase and subsequent consumption of bats and pangolins is common place. President Trump, the moronic, racist, war mongering idiot suggested that it was intentionally created by the Chinese in a laboratory but I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of sane people in the world know that whatever comes out of that idiotic fat for brains mouth is completely wrong. Surely he's not going to get re-elected is he? Let's just draw a line under his reign and laugh about the time he was once in power.

So I and the family have been locked up in the house for all this time, and to be honest, what a fantastic place to be locked up. We've got a big barn, a field and a wood, and a workshop and virtually all the land we want behind us. It would have been absolutely murder being locked up in our previous home, I'm sure actual murders would have occurred.

We've been trying to home school Darwin but it's a challenge. I now know how much I take the skill of teachers for granted. I've been working from home and things haven't been that bad. I'm very fortunate and once again I really appreciate every aspect of my life. The economic ramifications of this situation are the things that worry me the most.



Comments

Popular Posts