The Stick is Mightier than the Car

We bought a car the other week for £125, a Honda CRV 4x4. Well, we actually bought half a car, Mike, our neighbour also paid £125 and we’re going to use it as a wheelbarrow. I’ve used it a few times and it beats the hell out of making 10 trips into the field with the wheelbarrow.

We’ve let the field go wild this year. The grass is golden and full of little flowers which seem to change on a weekly basis. Darwin pretends to be a tiger and hides in the grass when we walk in it. It reminds me of the closing scenes of Gladiator. If I am wrong and there is a heaven I imagine I’ll enter it (if indeed I’m accepted, which knowing what I know and God being a self-absorbed bearded bitch I probably won’t be accepted!) walking through this field with my hands gently touching the tips of the grass on a warm summer day.

Anyway, whilst I was collecting some tools from the wood the other day one of the horses got into the field. It went mental! It has been pretty hot and dry for a while now so their grazing field is a bit bare, ours must look like a food mountain to them. Pete prevented the other two from getting in but they were getting well excited watching the other horse.

In an attempt to get it out I gave chase to it in the Honda but it wasn’t bothered in the slightest bit. I had to go and get a stick and tap its ass repeatedly to get it out. Once again I felt like a country man.



Comments

Popular Posts