The Tube and the Ticket Dodger

I had another visit to London the other week, trains are quick nowadays aren’t they? Whilst I was travelling in London I was taking lots of images on the phone, it’s a lovely covert way of snapping and people don’t know you’re doing it.

On the way back there was a chap so obviously fare dodging AND drunk. The conductor would walk down the train and moments later he would walk the opposite way. The conductor would walk up the train and moments later he would walk the other way. He must have been caught by the conductor at some stage and he began to make a mild scene. “Can I just borrow your charger mate?” he said to a nearby passenger who was charging his phone. “I need to make a call to my bank otherwise the conductor is going to throw me off the train”. The passenger agreed.

10 minutes later the dodger returned and said “Can you just lend me your phone mate, I need to make a call, I don’t want my day to get any worse than it has been”. The passenger was becoming ever more concerned. “You’ll have to be quick because I’m getting off at the next stop” he said nervously. “Yeah, yeah” said the dodger who proceeded to pretend to make a call. “You need to tell me how the money got taken from the account” he said loudly so the entire carriage could hear. The conversation continued as he stomped up and down the carriage occasionally having a drunken wobble. The passenger was signalling him as the train began to slow, “I need my phone back” he whispered. Eventually the dodger gave him the phone without saying a goodbye.

“Let me borrow your phone mate” he said to another passenger. “NO, F*CK OFF” a passenger with a stronger character replied, “GO AND SEE THE CONDUCTOR IF YOU’VE GOT A PROBLEM, YER PRICK”. I was very impressed. I wondered if I had dared say that, I probably wouldn’t!









Comments

Popular Posts