Can a Man Strangle a Pig?

Darwin and I went for a little summer stroll around the adjoining fields. We were looking for the Emu but alas it was nowhere to be seen. I’m not making any accusations here but it is pre-Appleby and the travellers have been about! It might have been scared off? Definitely not nicked and cooked!

Any road we continued on a little loop and we spotted a pig in a field. “Let’s go and have a chat with it” I suggested to Darwin. The pig was now in the middle the field and out of ear shot so we went through the gate and slowly made our way to it. Just as I was explaining to Darwin to be quiet the pig caught sight of us and came charging towards us both at full sprint whilst snorting.

I could have ran and I’m sure I would have definitely outrun Darwin, so I would have been OK, but instead I told Darwin to be still and held his hand. Fortunately the pig slowed as it neared but I did wonder if I would have had the strength to strangle it if it did kick off. All it wanted was a little sniff of us both and I think we all (including the pig (not Darwin!)) enjoyed our interaction.






Comments

Popular Posts