The Advent of December

01.12.15

Kerry had gone to work early and whilst I was having my morning poo I heard Darwin open the top stair gate.  “Wait for Daddy” I shouted and when I heard the stair gate close again I thought he was obeying me.  When I heard the bottom stair gate close I realised he hadn’t taken a blind bit of notice and had chosen to negotiate the descent himself.  I heard him close the kitchen door, which I like to do too, it prevents draughts and fridge noise which is what I presumed he was closing it for.
The previous day he had been eyeing up the Thomas and Friends advent calendar that his nanny had bought and was getting mildly excited about opening it.  When I descended the stairs I saw that his excitement could be contained no longer and his whole reason for descending the stairs by himself for the first time was to ravish the advent calendar.

"The First of December"

Comments

Popular Posts