Cobblers

21.11.15

My car was in for a service this morning so whilst I was waiting I paid a visit to my cobbler.  I’d quite confidently say he’s the best looking cobbler in Manchester.  Any road, I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned this before but I’m very fussy about shoes.  About a year ago I bought myself a pair of Loake brogues safe in the knowledge that these were at least a “Jaguar” of a shoe, maybe not a Rolls Royce but they were definitely a middle class alternative.  But then after 3 months I noticed the leather starting to bubble and the soles were coming away.  WTF?  How could this be happening?  Loake!  Appointment to the Queen!  The finest English handmade shoes!  They were shit, and I mean proper shit!  I may have well of worn carrier bags on my feet, they would have certainly been cheaper.
So now I’ve bought a pair of ‘Barker’ shoes and they feel awesome.  Maybe not a Rolls Royce but definitely close, a Bentley maybe!  These are the paisley patterned Barker McClean.  Initially they had leather soles but they nearly killed me, leather ain’t that grippy for an under sole.  So I got my man to add a thin layer of rubber onto the sole and add chunks of metal to the heel for maximum noise.  Kin awesome!
After that I met up with Kerry and extended family at Tatton Park.  She wasn’t answering her phone, which was strange because she proper gets sand in her vagina when I don’t answer mine, so I had to locate her using the ‘Find My Friends’ app on the phone, I was quite impressed.
We ate in the restaurant and Darwin realised he could make people laugh by having a certain facial reaction to eating food.  When he realised he continued to do it.  I think he’s going to be an attention seeker and a comedian.
"The Barker McClean 382986"
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts