Cyclo Pes

Roughly at the same time last year we went to watch Ethan and Felix partake in a Cyclo-cross event in Rossendale, and this year we did the same. Piggy had stopped vomiting by now but he wasn’t on good form yet. He wasn’t in the slightest bit interested by the bikes and chose to stay in my arms for the short time we were there.

We watched a race start that Felix would have competed in if he was there but he had other engagements at Chester Zoo with the Cubs. The kids stormed past on their cyclo-cross bikes. I did a quick search on Google shopping for kids cyclo-cross bikes and the cheapest was £438. That does seem a tad expensive to me but I know I’m old and what the hell do I know? I spent £3K on a camera once which will seem pretty ridiculous to some so I’m not mocking. However, the last bike to pass us after the race started was a young lad on a red BMX looking thing that he had out grown several years ago. I think it was made by ‘George’ from Asda. It made me smile and rightly or wrongly it made me resurrect a word from my youth, ‘Pes’. In my day this was short for ‘Peasant’ but nowadays the Urban Dictionary in it’s usual style shocks me with its modern day meaning, “A spice boy with an exceedingly large head. Known to frustrate people with pictures of his gay, pretty boy face”. What the hell is a Spice Boy?

Ethan has started High School now and is slowly turning into a young man.  He spoke to a girl at school who had no idea what a buritto was and he was appalled. Guess who's not going to get a go on the Ethan sausage machine until she bucks up her ideas?



Comments

Popular Posts